Leave A Review
1/27/2016You have received a new customer review for your services: Thanks Adwoa! Whenever I leave her salon, my hair is silky and smooth. I get so many compliments about how my hair looks. For anybody out there who is skeptical about the Platinum Blowout and Platinum smooth-out (any service), let me put your worries to rest. I workout 5 to 6 times per week (I am a figure competitor bodybuilder). In addition, I run up to 6 miles per week, work full time, and complete my Army duties (reservist). My hair outlast all these activities. And when it does start to "curl up," its not the big "puff" most natural ladies get after one good sweat. I can easily flat iron my hair (on low heat... like 300 degrees or less), and like magic, it is straight again. I have been going to Adwoa for 2 years, and Sse is worth every cent. Not to mention, she never overbooks...my time is my time. Thanks for all you do!
|Thursday, October 1, 2015 11:56 PM||Kayron Yarborough||What can I say about my hairdresser? Words can not describe. I've been going to Adwoa off and on for about two years and she never ceases to amaze me with her talent. She helped me grow out my relaxer and if I didn't have her help or knowledge, I know I would have went back to getting a relaxer. I recently got the Platinum smooth out and I must say my hair is very silky and shiny. As usual, I've gotten many compliments on my hair. Today was a very rainy and dreary day but my hair held up against the weather. i recommend the platinum smooth out and I guarantee your hair will grow with it. I can say so much about Adwoa but I suggest your try her for yourself. I'd like to say THANK YOU ADWOA for being the best and caring for your established and new clients|
|Sunday, September 6, 2015 10:14 PM||Sharday Brigman||Adwoa is a true miracle worker. Whatever your hair texture, length, or the condition of your hair she will work magic. She genuinely cares about your hair...scalp and all. She is the best and worth every penny you pay her|
|Tuesday, August 18, 2015 8:38 PM||Alexah Brown||5 stars! My hair felt wonderful afterwards and Adwoa properly explained how to maintain the texture and health of my hair. Very one on one, clear advice. She's an expertise! Great for naturals|
|Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:35 PM||Jadzia Brown||She is very happy with her hair. Adwoa is phenomenal. She is very helpful about hair problem and products. We love her. We will definitely come back. We recommend everybody should come to see her|
|Friday, May 15, 2015 4:19 PM||Nicole Niajae Wallace||I've been wearing weaves for years and neglecting the health of my hair. I wanted to change that and I found the perfect stylist. Adwoa takes pride in healthy hair care. She's knowledgeable and the steam treatment room is the best with the massage chair. I love it. My hair feels and looks amazing. She helped me love my natural hair!|
|Thursday, May 14, 2015 11:01 AM||Sheila Walker||I am transitioning from the relaxer,I received the Platinum Smooth Out by Adwoa Daniels, I was amazed at how it turned out.I enjoyed my time in her salon, clean, timely service, great attitude, she educated me on my service, also on maintaining products, I was very impressed, so I'm a customer of Dominican Doobies , Irmo SC|
|Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:49 PM||Anonymous||Wonderful experience! Adwoa took time to explain every step she takes in the process. Very knowledgeable in the products used and hair care and also passionate about her work. Although it took longer than expected to finish my hair due to the thickness of my hair, she was patient and pleseant throughout the whole time. My husband loves It! Will be back again!|
|Saturday, March 7, 2015 5:35 PM||Sharkea Trotter||This is my second time and as usual she was amazing. She taught me how to maintain my hair in between visits. Her products are not a secret to customers which is a plus. She also don't charge you for all the extra stuff she do. For example I have hair loss around my edges and she put something on it to assist with the growth and also showed me where to buy it at a good price. She's very knowledgeable about what she do and isn't afraid to share it with the customers. Not only that she pays attention to each client head. One example is she could tell I was using too much heat and a heat protection that wasn't good for my hair. I mean I honestly could ask for a better stylist. I never wait to be served. I hate going to a salon and one stylist have 2 to 3 people waiting to be served. Her time is precious and so is mine so I'm glad she values that. Ladies do yourself a favor and book with her. I promise you won't be disappointed. The prices are reasonable for her knowledge and experience.|
Submitted by Lex
- Overall Rating:5 out of 5Service:5 out of 5Responsiveness:5 out of 5Expertise:5 out of 5Hair Results:5 out of 5Communication:5 out of 5
my daughter had unlock her hair and was natural we found adwoa and she is a good sent she was professional and did a great job ladies if your use to waswh and sets adwoa is the stylist for you if you want your hair to grow and be healthy than she is what you are looking for my daughter has 4c hair and adwoa worked wonders using all natural stuff.
Submitted by Nicole
- Overall Rating:5 out of 5Service:5 out of 5Responsiveness:5 out of 5Expertise:5 out of 5Hair Results:5 out of 5Communication:5 out of 5
Awesome and Knowledgeable!
I've worn my hair natural for about 4 years and went to Adwoa to have it straightened for the first time (and it was in bad shape because I hadn't been taking care of it properly). She wasn't judgemental (although she is very honest) and she really took time to care for my hair. When I left, my hair was so silky and straight...bouncy even (and I have 4c hair). And most important to me, when I washed it, there was no heat damage and my curl pattern was intact. I'd recommend her to anyone!
|Thursday, August 13, 2015 5:46 PM||Kaitlynn Jordan||15 stars absolutely phenomenal job. Could not be more pleased with Adwoa's professionalism, compitence, and passion for what she does. She is a subject matter expert. She knows hair and she knows how to cultivate radiant natural healthy hair. I'm Jermaine, I took my daughter in and Adwoa's Platinum Smoothout Service has bossed my beautiful baby girls confidence through the roof. Her smile lights up a room. Ladies and Gentlemen the truth is in Irmo. Thank you again Adwoa. You have a lifetime client and a spokesperson. I'm sending every woman I know to Dominican Doobies by Adwoa|
- I dont know where to begin! Adwoa DID NOT ask me to post this on her page!!! I just want to share my experience. Last Friday, Adwoa did the Smoothout Treatment on my 7 month transitioning hair. When I first left the salon (in the rain) I was somewhat nervous because my hair stayed silky straight. Also, my cheap clairol $5.99 dark brown rinse that I only used to cover my gray, looked like a $200 color treatment, lol. Day 2, I noticed that I had VERY MINIMAL shedding. Day 3 I worked out, (hard cardio) and my hair was still silky straight. I worked out today and my hair was damp but still soft, silky and manageable. I just washed my hair for the first time!!! OMG!!! IT TOOK ALL OF 30MINS TO WASH, CONDITION AND DRY MY HAIR. Without the Smoothout treatment on my 7 month transitioning hair would take about 11/2 hours to wash, condition and detangle. I haven't flat ironed by hair yet and it is silky straight. Also, my 3-4 inches of new growth was soft and curly. I LOST ALMOST NO HAIR as I washed, conditioned and detangled. I am so amazed. I know some of you maybe afraid of the price. However, I believe you pay for what you get and it is so worth it! I hope they never stop making this stuff!! LOL Thanks Adwoa and see you in 2 weeks!!!
- Anonymous 10:19 PM hi i go to this girl named Adwoa she use to work at this Dominican shop on two notch rd. in Columbia sc. Im not naming the shop becuz she no longer works there.Any way i love the way she blows my hair out and she never burns my scalp.My hair is all natural and she always gets me silky straight like i just had a fresh perm.I had to find her on facebook becuz when i called where she use to work she no longer worked there,n of course they wouldnt tell me where she went.But ladies I found her and i was sooooo happy.She is in the process of opening her own shop called DominicanDoobiesbyadwoa. It is off of broadriver rd. in the natural wigs shop.If you have time checkout her webpage its Dominicandoobiesbyadwoa.yolasite.com. And if she ever does ur hair trust me you r gonna luv it.:)
- • Ms.Tee says: December 2, 2012 at 12:31 pm I go to a girl in my city Columbia sc. Her name is Adwoa and she does my keratin treatments.Shes really reasonable and she knows what shes doing.I have been natural for about ten years and I use to drive to charlottte, nc to get a blowout.Until one day when i came across this site and i read a post that Adwoa had left explaining how the blowout isnt suppose to burn. Well ladies let me tell you something,I have never not been burnt from the blowdryer until i let Adwoa do it. My hair was really really coarse and the way she takes her time to blow you out you dont even feel the heat from that hot blower that they use.when she finshed my hair was soft and straight and i had that white girl hair bounce while you walk look lol.my ends were burnt from the other place i use to go so she trimmed them without cutting off all my hair yall know what i mean.Anyway ladies i had been doing my research on keratin treatments and i had read all the bad things that it had done to peoples hair that it causes fumes thats your not suppose to breath , so i was really skeptical at first.I saw Adwoa doing one while i was waiting to get my hair done so i asked her some questions about it and t she explained to me that there wasnt going to be any fumes from the one she uses because it doesnt have embalming fluid in it or alot of the other bad stuff that the others do..She used anothe rword for it but i cant spell it lol.Anyway i saw the end result of the girls hair and that made me want to get one.So now i have one and i love it.My hair is still natural but now i dont have to get a blowout when i want to wear my hair straight. anymore.I can feel my scalp when i shampoo now and i can comb my hair without getting a headache.All i do is flatiron my hair and it looks like i have a relaxer or just had a blowout,only now my hair stays straight even when i workout.Adwoa if you ever read this thankyou you are amazing and im glad i was googling one day and came across this site.Her salon is called Dominican doobies by adwoa and she also has a website.im going to leave her number because i want yall to go to her and whatever you have done you are going to love it.Her # is 8034793049
- Great Stylist who cares about HEALTH of hair! I no longer live in Columbia but come back to get my hair done. I started going to Adwoa because I wanted to try out a keratin treatment and was initially VERY impressed with her professional and detailed website. I stopped in for a brief consultation with her a few days before my first appointment and she looked at the condition of my hair, asked questions, and explained what she would be doing in the appointment. When I went in for the actual appointment (and each time after that I have been) I was the only client in the salon from start to finish. No unnecessary sitting under the dryer, at the shampoo bowl, etc because she was working on multiple clients. Adwoa is the first person I have ever been to who has actually shown the container, ingredient listing, and chemical composition of the products she put on my hair. Even though most people probably won't know what many of the ingredients are it says a lot when someone actually takes the time to show you what they are putting in your hair. She recommended the best products for follow-up care and made I understood what to do and not do in the days following the keratin application. The trim she does is just that, a trim. All your dead edges will go but you will not feel like you just lost inches of hair. My hair always looks and feels amazing when I leave. I would (and do) recommend Adwoa to anyone who cares about the health of their hair! by Rachel Columbia, SC 09:27 pm
- Hi, I am writing to you about Adowa Daniels in Columbia SC owner and stylist of Dominican Doobies by Adowoa. My daughter is 13 yrs old and always wore her hair in braids. She really wanted to start 7th grade with straight hair,a pair was out of the question but I relunctantly agreed to let her get a dominican blowout. When we went to a salon on two notch, there were two ladies doing the blowout; Adowa and another lady. After watchng both ladies work, my daughter and I both prayed she would be called to Adowa's chair and she was:)Adowa was so kind and paitient and answered every question I had about the process. She also explained that after the blowout we would be so happy with the results, people would think my daughter got a perm and Adowa was SOOO right: her hair looked AMAZING! My daughters hair was bouncy, shiny and so easy to manage and her edges and nape looked like they had been permed. We went back to Adowa at that salon twice and were always extemeley pleased with the results. The third time we went, we were informed Adowa had left the salon and no one would say where she had gone. Needless to say, we were both very upset and disappointed. A friend recommended I do a google search and I found her!! I was so excited I immediately sent my daughter a text with the great news. Adowa just did a keartin glaze on my daughters hair this past Friday and the results are unbelievable! My daughters hair has so much shine and is so soft.I highly recommend Adowa but only go to her if you WANT someone who truly is a SUPERIOR stylist :she is very gentle and there is no jerking or pulling on your hair; she knows her products and uses the most up-to-date products and techniques ,she answers all your questions and concerns and you will be truly amazed at the end results. She takes her time and treats you like you are the most important client she has and I guarantee you will be happy and excited when you walk out her door. I told her when we left, I will follow her wherever she goes and I am so happy it is to her own salon on Broad River Road inside the Natural Wig store. Adowa we thank God for you! Prudence & Bailey
- Thanks, Adwoa, for your professionalism; I am really grateful for the tips you gave me and my daughter about hair care. I purchased the products that you recommended. You were awesome; I love the way you treated our hair. God Bless!!
- Crystal Thomas I encourage everyone in the area to visit Adwoa, she is a miracle worker & she knows her trade extremely well. I love you, my hair loves you & I thank you for the excellent work you do!!!! .
- A True Professional Adwoa is a true professional in every aspect. She explains everything and makes sure that the client understands every step that she takes with their hair. She takes her time with every step of the process so you never feel that she's rushing. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who wants a great professional to grow their hair. by Simone B. Lexington, SC 09/19/2012 - 11:32 am
It's the real deal...I can spot a great stylist when I see one. The proof is in the hair. I could hear the care she put into your hair. She stands above the rest when it comes to hair....she knows her hair and did her research...job well done. Her work is fabulous, outstanding and just amazing!
- Dominican Doobies .... Is a great salon to go to for all of your natural hair care needs. She has a wealth of knowledge pertaining to natural hair care .Very professional , kind, sweet & fun to be with while getting your hair styled .
The steam treatment is AMAZING for your curls !!!
My only Salon I go to now .
Thanks , Adwoa
"Hi ladies, I'm Kitina a new client trying a new product for the first time. The platinum blowout!!! If you haven't tried it your missing a treat. I love it!!! My hair is silky and soft. I've been out in the misty rain and my hair hasn't drawn up and it still looks good. Adwoa is my hair hair doctor. She brought my hair back to life. It was dull, broken and lifeless. Afte...r her platinum blowout with her knowledge and skills, my hair is beautiful and full of body. Oh and did I say I love it! So hurry up and make that appointment. Because the platinum blowout is going to take over like a storm. Loving my hair and my hair care by the woman I call my hair doctor; Adwoa!!!"
"Just had a Platinum Smoothout which is the latest service offered at Dominican Doobies by Adwoa and ILOVE IT. I used to get the Keratin blowout but the Platinum Smoothout was sooo much better. My hair feels more silkier, fuller, stronger and has so much more bounce and movement. And the best part is it's chemical free; I feel my hair benefiting with the first treatment. Plus, there are less steps and less restrictions. I was hesitate at first but Adwoa was right on the money with this new and exciting service. I'm going to get the Platinum Smoothout from now on. Thanks soooo much Adwoa."